- 300 g Butternut Snap biscuits broken
- 70 g unsalted butter cubed
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
Preheat oven to 170'C.
Blitz biscuits & butter together on speed 8-9 until combined (about 10 seconds).
Scrape out as much as possible and press into medium/large pie dish. Set aside.
Without washing bowl, add all filling ingredients and mix on speed 4-5 for around 15 seconds or until combined and creamy.
Pour over base into pie dish and bake in oven for around 15 minutes.
Thoroughly clean & dry bowl & lid before making meringue (this is where a second bowl comes in VERY handy!).
Place egg whites & cream of tartar into clean, dry bowl with butterfly. Set timer for 8 minutes, 50'C, speed 3-4, but watch carefully! When egg whites start to thicken and become silky, turn down to speed 2 and slowly add the sugar by pouring onto the lid and then scraping into the hole little by little. Once all sugar is incorporated, switch off and spoon over hot filling (ensuring you cover all the way to the edges onto the base).
Turn oven down to 160'C and bake a further 10-15 min or until browned to your liking. Let cool and serve!
This recipe can be halved to make a small pie as in the main picture. Store in fridge once completely cooled.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies
- Sweet Curry Granola Bar