THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 180 grams or 1 cup raw sugar
- 150 grams or 1 cup currants
- 250 grams or 1 cup strong black tea
- 150 grams or 1 cup SR Flour
- 150 grams or 1 cup WMSR Flour
- 1 pinch salt
1. Mill raw sugar in TM bowl 6 secs/speed 9
2. Add currants to TM bowl
3. Add hot strong black tea to TM bowl and allow sugar and fruit to soak/steep in tea overnight - lid on, MC in
4. Preheat oven to 180C and grease/line a small loaf tin (23 x 13 cms)
5. Place both SR and WMSR flours and salt in TM bowl with steeped fruit and mix 10 secs//speed 5
6. Pour into prepared baking tin
7. Cook in 180C oven for 50 to 55 mins (mine is not a fan forced oven)
8. Turn out asap onto a cooling rack
9. Enjoy sliced and/or buttered
Accessories you need
This is my Mother "Mop's" recipe, which is an old family favourite.
Only 4 main ingredients!
Suitable for TM5.
Ticks all the boxes for a Healthy cake; substitute another type of sugar if preferred.
Original recipe had only SR flour but prefer 1/2 WMSR flour as it gives the cake added fibre, texture and flavour.
Add a teaspoon of vanilla essence for added flavour just before adding flour and salt.
Can make in less time, however currants won't be as plump and juicy or cake as moist.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Caramel Coconut Slice
- Butterfly cakes
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Nan's Choc Chip Biscuits
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins