- 300 g (thin stemmed) rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 5 mm slice
- 280 g castor sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra for sprinkling
- 185 g Butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 150 g plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
8Recipe is created for
combine sliced rhubarb & 1/2 cup caster sugar and let stand for 1 hour, stir occasionally, strain, and disguard liquid.
Place butter, remaining 1 cup sugar, vanilla and eggs into the thermomix Mix 10 Seconds Speed 6
Add Flour and baking powder and mix 20-30 seconds on Speed 4 (til its a nice cake mix consistancy)
Spread the mixture evenly over the base of a greased and lined 20cm x 30cm slice tin,
Put the rhubarb over the top in a single layer. (It will sink down during cooking)
Sprinkle with extra caster sugar and bake in moderate 180deg oven (160deg fan forced) for around 40 minutes until golden brown and cooked in the centre. Cool slightly in tin, then lift out and cut into squares.
It is quite a wet mixture so make sure the middle is well cooked .... even if it is a little burnt on the edges apparently it still tastes delicious
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Healthy Banana and Chocolate Bread