- 100 g caster sugar, (can make by milling raw sugar 10 sec/sp 9
- 125 g Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 15 g Milk
- 2 egg whites
- 300 g icing sugar
- food colouring of choice
* Cream 125g butter, 100g caster sugar and ½ tsp of vanilla extract together, 30 sec / sp 5
* Add one egg and mix 20 sec / sp 4
* Add 300g plain flour, 1tsp baking powder and 15g milk and mix sp 5 until combined. Then knead for 1 min.
* Take dough out of bowl and roll out between two sheets of Grease proof paper or Thermomat until dough is about 5mm thick. Refrigerate for half an hour (this will help the dough retain its shape in the oven)
* After half an hour take dough out and Cut with egg shaped cutter (see tip at the end for this)
* Cook in medium oven for 10 - 12 minutes. Let cool on cooling rack.
* While biscuits are cooling make icing.
* Put two egg whites in bowl with butterfly attachment 4 min / 50 deg so 3 then gradually add 300g icing sugar until all combined.
I use piping bag with size 2 nozzle attached or just use a zip lock back with a small cut in one corner. In this Easter decorating I divided the icing into four containers and coloured with americolour gel.
This icing will set firm and can be piped very easily.
Accessories you need
Squash an egg ring in at the sides to make the perfect easter egg cookie cutter!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fail free Muffins
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Eggless Double Chocolate Choc Chip Cookies
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!
- Halloween Spider Web Biscuits
- Lactation boobie balls
- Spicy Wholemeal Gingernuts
- Spiced Pumpkin, Lentil and Ginger soup
- Sautéed beetroot greens
- Watermelon and Chilli Granita
- Little Christmas Shortbreads
- Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Hell of a drink - clears your sinuses, great for colds