- 140 g Dates pitted
- 200 g feijoas, cut in half and flesh scooped out
- 170 g water
- 125 g Butter, cut in pieces
- 225 g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 170 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g Butter
- 35 g Milk
- 70 g brown sugar
- 70 g sliced almonds
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place dates into the bowl and chop 8 sec / speed 7
Add feijoa's and water and cook for 5 min / 100C / reverse speed 1
Set aside in another bowl to cool
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking pan.
Rinse bowl out and add butter, sugar, egg & vanilla essence and mix 2 min / speed 4
Scrape down sides and add flour, baking powder & feijoa mixture and mix 20 sec / speed 3
Pour into tin and cook for 40 minutes. Then pour over topping and cook as below
Place butter and milk in bowl and heat 2 min / 50C / speed 1
Add other ingredients and mix 10 sec / reverse speed 3
Pour over cake and bake for another 10 minutes
Accessories you need
Feijoa's can be substituted with pears.
Beautiful winter desert with caramel sauce and cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Clone of Yummy Apple Shortcake - Raspberry & White Choc Version
- Quick & Easy Bread Dough for Buns/Loaves
- Dark Chocolate and Almond Torte
- Caramel Slice
- Orange, Date & Walnut Muffins
- Lemon Loaf
- Best Feijoa Cake
- Cream Cheese & Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Red Onion Tart
- Lime Tart
- Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Caramilk Truffles
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Super Easy Waffles