- 15 Digestive biscuits, (approx. 225g)
- 15 large marshmallows, halved, (approx. 95g)
- 15 Glacé cherries (red), halved, (approx. 95g)
- 160 grams condensed milk
- 60 grams dessicated coconut for rolling
2h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This is a traditional Northern Irish treat, adapted for the Thermomix. Uses 15 of each ingredient to make 15 slices.
1. Add 15 digestive biscuits to the mixing bowl
2. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 4, measuring cup on until biscuits are crumbed.
3. Add 15 large marshmallows, halved.
4. Add 15 glacé cherries, halved.
5. Mix for 60 seconds, speed 3, reverse on , and gradually add the condensed milk (MC off). The dough should be very moist but not too wet.
6. Mix for 20 seconds, speed 4 (MC on).
7. Pour the wet, sticky dough onto a flat surface and roll it into a large sausage shape.
8. Sprinkle a generous amount of desiccated coconut on a clean surface and roll the sausage shaped dough over it to coat.
9. Wrap the dough tightly in cling film, wrapping 2-3 times to secure.
10. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours and remove, before cutting 15 slices.
Traditionally served chilled with a cup of tea.
Adjust the amount of condensed milk if you'd like a drier or wetter mixture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Jamaican style ginger cake
- Variation Lower Carb - Gluten Free whole orange muffin
- Muesli bars
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake