THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 140 g vegetable oil
- 55 g walnuts, plus extra to garnish
- 70 g dried figs
- 225 g carrots, in pieces
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large, seperated
- 285 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 140 g dried figs
- 30 g Rum
- 285 g water
- 30 g honey
- 225 g cream cheese, Caramilk flavour, room temperature
- 280 g icing sugar, to taste
- 115 g Butter, diced, room temperature
2h 10minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven 180°C. Grease and line 2 round cake pans (20cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place walnuts into mixing bowl and chop 1 sec/speed 6. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- Place figs into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Transfer to bowl with chopped walnuts and set aside.
- Place carrots into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, oil, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg and allspice and with aid of spatula, mix 1 min/speed 4. Transfer to bowl with reserved walnuts and figs, stir well to combine and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites into mixing bowl and whip 1 min 30 sec/speed 3.5 until glossy and soft peaks form. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Gently fold whipped egg whites into reserved cake mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes (180° or until a toothpick inserted into center of cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile clean mixing bowl and make filling and icing.
- Place figs and rum into mixing bowl and cook 3 min/Varoma/speed"Gentle stir setting"
- Add water and honey and without measuring cup cook 10 min/Varoma/speed"Gentle stir setting"
- Insert measuring cup and chop 10 sec/speed 7. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, icing sugar and butter into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix a further 10 sec/speed 5.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
Cream Cheese Icing
Accessories you need
Recipe inspired by "Apricot and Caramel Carrot Cake" on Cookidoo. I changed it up to suit my needs and it worked out so well I knew I needed to share it with you. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Follow me at instagram.com/lifethroughbecs
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- That Thermo Chick’s Lunch Box Cookies
- My Mum’s Yo Yo’s
- Fat Free Carrot Cake
- Pupcakes for your dog
- Lemon Slice Protein Balls
- ANZAC cookies with almonds and chia
- Orange Drop Biccies
- Caramilk Slice
- Apple Rum Cake
- Lemon cake
- That Thermo Chick's Gluten Free, Vegan & Paleo Anzac Biscuits