- 40 g cold water
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine, = exactly 10g
- 100 g liquid glucose, if very cold, warm slightly
- 15 g glycerine
- 600 g icing sugar, plus lots extra - pre 'sift' in the thermomix by mixing for several seconds on speed 6
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence, optional
- gum tragacanth or other hardening agents, if making modelling fondant
- few drops Food colouring, optional
8Recipe is created for
· Weigh in the cold water to JUST 40g and then weigh in the 3tsp gelatin (should be 10g exactly). Set for 1 minute, 50-60 degrees (depending on coldness of weather) speed 3.
· Weigh in the glucose, glycerine +/- colour or vanilla.
· Cook a further 1 minute, 60 degrees on speed 3.
· Weigh in icing sugar – (at this point you add the appropriate amount of tragacanth if you are going to turn it into modeling fondant) combine ingredients for 5 seconds speed 6.
· Knead for 15 seconds.
· Tip onto prepared bench (Crisco or copha rub down or icing sugar on bench). It should be very heavy and sticky to tip out.
· Add 20g icing sugar to TM bowl and whizz for a few seconds on speed 7, to help remove the sticky fondant – knead this into your mix on the bench.
· If you are making more – you can just start again without cleaning the bowl unless you are using colours! Otherwise, add boiling water and blitz for 20 seconds speed 8.
Accessories you need
It's useful to watch a couple of You Tube tips before icing a cake with fondant for the first time. I will be experimenting a little with this recipe. I used rose water instead of water and it makes for a lovely "Turkish Delight" finish to the fondant.
Don't have an overhead fan running when rolling out your fondant - and a few seconds in the microwave helps to revitalise it if it has gotten dry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breastfeeding (Lactation) Bikkies
- Macadamia,Cranberry & Pepita Anzac Biscuits
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- Jam tart daisies
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Variation Energy Muffins
- Pineapple coconut cake
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Apricot Bites Paleo
- Chewy Choc-Chunk Slice