- 300g Strongly brewed chai tea, (If using a T bag, use 2 T bags)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 300g Currents
- 100g prunes, pitted
- 100g mixed peel
- 100g castor sugar
- 230g plain flour, or gluten free flour, like buckwheat flour
- 1ts bicarb soda
- Aged Cheddar, to serve
Heat oven to 160 degrees.
Place prunes into the TM bowl & press the turbo button a couple of times. Add the tea, butter & other dried fruit cook for 7 mins 100 degrees speed 1. Add sugar & mix for 2 secs speed 4. Let mix cool before adding the flour & bicarb soda & then mix for 5 secs on speed 4. scrape down sides of bowl if needed & repeat.
Place mixture into a small lined & greased cake tin & bake for 1 hr or until cooked, allow to cool & serve slices with a wedge of vintage cheddar.
I came across a version of this many years ago in a gourmet traveller magazine. You can use any fruit you like try dried figs too, or you may prefer english breakfast or earl grey tea.
It may seem like a weird combo but trust me & try it. Let's face it everything with cheese is just delicious!! & it will be a great talking point when you serve it up to guests!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breastfeeding (Lactation) Bikkies
- Macadamia,Cranberry & Pepita Anzac Biscuits
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- Jam tart daisies
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Variation Energy Muffins
- Pineapple coconut cake
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Apricot Bites Paleo
- Chewy Choc-Chunk Slice
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs