- 300g Strongly brewed chai tea, (If using a T bag, use 2 T bags)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 300g Currents
- 100g prunes, pitted
- 100g mixed peel
- 100g castor sugar
- 230g plain flour, or gluten free flour, like buckwheat flour
- 1ts bicarb soda
- Aged Cheddar, to serve
Heat oven to 160 degrees.
Place prunes into the TM bowl & press the turbo button a couple of times. Add the tea, butter & other dried fruit cook for 7 mins 100 degrees speed 1. Add sugar & mix for 2 secs speed 4. Let mix cool before adding the flour & bicarb soda & then mix for 5 secs on speed 4. scrape down sides of bowl if needed & repeat.
Place mixture into a small lined & greased cake tin & bake for 1 hr or until cooked, allow to cool & serve slices with a wedge of vintage cheddar.
I came across a version of this many years ago in a gourmet traveller magazine. You can use any fruit you like try dried figs too, or you may prefer english breakfast or earl grey tea.
It may seem like a weird combo but trust me & try it. Let's face it everything with cheese is just delicious!! & it will be a great talking point when you serve it up to guests!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)
- Eggless Double Chocolate Choc Chip Cookies
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs