- 250 g dates
- 210 g Milk
- 1 teas baking soda
- 120 g Butter, softened
- 200 g sugar
- 120 g golden syrup
- 2 eggs, (no 6)
- 250 g flour
- 1 teas baking powder
- 1 Tab g round ginger
- 1 teas g round allspice
- 50 g soft butter
- 3 teas golden syrup
- 60-75 g crystallized ginger
- 1 ½- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 Tab boiling water
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180.C. Line the base and sides of a 22cm x 33cm baking tray with baking paper.
Place dates and milk into T/M- 4 minutes, 90.C –speed 2. Scoop hot mixture into a bowl, stir in baking soda and leave to stand.
Rinse out T/M bowl, the add butter, sugar, golden syrup and eggs. Beat 2 minutes, speed 3.
Add flour, ginger , allspice and date mixture.
Process on knead setting for 1 minute.
Pour soft mixture into lined baking tray, bake 25-30 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Leave in baking tray for 5 minutes before removing and allowing to cool on a wire rack.
Place butter, syrup and ginger in T/M bowl, combine on speed 3 for 10 seconds. Add 1 ½ cups icing sugar and speed 3 for 4-8 seconds. Add more icing sugar or a little water, so that the icing is of a spreading consistency. Pour and spread the icing over the warm slice, leave to set.
This Date and Ginger square will keep for at least 6 weeks in the freezer.
(Instead of icing the square, use as a sticky date pudding, serving with a hot butterscotch sauce.)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)