THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 125 g Nuttelex
- 1/3 cup --- brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 3 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 Egg or Egg Replacer
- 3 cups Gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 2 tsp Nuttelex, melted
- 1 tablespoon Water (approx)
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 160°C.Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Add nuttelex, sugar and golden syrup to the jug. Mix 5 minutes/55 degrees/speed 2.
Wait for mixture to cool and when lukewarm, add bicarb soda, egg and mix - 6 seconds/speed 2.
Add flour to the jug - mix 10 seconds/speed 5.
Scrape down sides of the jug. Knead 2 minutes "Dough mode"
Turn out mixture onto lightly floured surface or onto a sheet of baking paper. Shape into a ball.
Roll out to desired thickness (not too thick, not too thin. Too thick and it will take too long to cook and too thin and it will be extremely fragile and may break easily)
Use a cookie cutter and cut into shapes. Place on your prepared baking tray and bake at 160 to 180 for 8 - 10 minutes. (I always check at 8 minute mark). Leave to cool for 5 minutes on tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once completely cooled, ice with the above recipe (this is a must to get the true flavour of these gingerbread biscuits)
Accessories you need
As you can see these do not contain any ginger, surprise!
This recipe is based off the Failsafe FedUp recipe which can be found here //fedup.com.au/recipes/sweet-things-biscuits-desserts/failsafe-christmas-gingerbread-santas
I have been making these for approximately 6 years and finally converted the recipe to make in my thermomix.
You will note that I have not put grams for the ingredients. This is because I find it to be far more accurate for this particular recipe to follow the cup measures. Make sure you do NOT scoop the ingredients out of their containers with your measuring cups, rather spoon them in, otherwise your quantities will be out.
This can easily be made with regular plain flour and the process of cutting it out will be easier with wheat based plain flour. The gluten free flour tends to break up easy the more you roll it out, so the secret is to concentrate on getting the inner area of the dough to the desired thickness and work from the middle out.
Some recipes call for putting the mix into the fridge before rolling out.......if doing gluten free, it is less work and more successful if you roll out and cut immediately without putting the dough in the fridge.
I have not put instructions for the icing to be made in the thermomix as it's very quick and simple by hand, just use a small bowl and add all ingredients, then work it with a spatula until all lumps are gone from the icing sugar mixture (you could choose to sift it if you wish).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- DF, GF, RSF School Muesli Bars
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Melting Moments
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Virgin Pina Colada Fruity Dream
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- Mushroom, Leek and Bacon Risotto
- Taylor's Healthy Lunchbox Bliss Balls / Bars - gluten free, nut free, dairy free
- San Choy Bow (Allergy Friendly)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Dip - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Berry Cheesecake - Allergy Friendly - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cocoa Free, Soy Free)
- Avocado Hommus
- Tomato, Chorizo and Zucchini Risotto
- Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- Dairy & Egg free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops
- Jam Drops - Gluten and Dairy Free
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Vegan Almost 'Mcvities Digestive Biscuits'
- Vegan Oreo No Bake Cheesecake with Choc Ripple Base
- Grain free chocolate Brownies
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- Vegan vanilla cake
- Bec’s Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken