- 380 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g brown sugar
- 130 g Butter
- 130 g golden syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 12 sec/speed 6, then knead 50 sec/.
Transfer gingerbread mixture onto a lightly floured ThermoMat or work surface and shape into a smooth ball. Transfer mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
Place chilled gingerbread mixture between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to a 4mm thickness. Remove top layer of baking paper, then using a cookie cutter, cut out desired shapes (e.g. gingerbread people, stars, hearts, Christmas trees).
Place gingerbread shapes onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (180°C) until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Decorate shapes as desired, then serve or store in an airtight container.
This recipe produces approximately 12-18 gingerbread biscuits. This number could vary depending on the size and shape of your cookie cutter.
- To decorate, use the Royal icing recipe in The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook.
- If using the gingerbread for decorating your Christmas tree, use a drinking straw to punch a hole at the top of the biscuit prior to baking so a ribbon can be threaded through for hanging once cooled.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤