- 120 grams almonds
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 170 grams icing sugar
- 70 grams rice flour
- 25 grams Shredded coconut, (or dessicated)
- 5 egg whites
- 65 grams frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp icing sugar, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180°. Grease friand pan (or donut pan).
2. Place almonds in TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds, speed 7. MC on. Scrape and repeat if necessary until well milled. Set aside.
3. Place butter in TM bowl and melt 1 min 30 sec, 50°, speed 4. MC on.
4. Add to the TM bowl the ground almonds, icing sugar, rice flour and coconut. Blend 20 seconds, speed 2. MC on.
5. Add the egg whites and mix 20 seconds, speed 4. MC on.
6. Divide mixture into friand (or donut shape) pan. Place 3 raspberries to each friand.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and cool in tin for 5 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
8. Dust with an extra teaspoon of sifted icing sugar to serve (optional).
Do not thaw raspberries before using them. This will make 12 normal friands or 12 donut shaped friands with some mixture left over (I made 5 mini muffin sized). You can subsitute frozen blueberries or strawberries instead of raspberries. This was a little sweet for me so I will probably reduce the sugar next time! (although kids did not think they were too sweet)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Biscuits
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread