- 120 g coconut oil
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 100 g Coconut butter
- 200 g pitted date
- 110 g Boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 40 g tapioca starch
- 3 egg, large
- Prep Varoma muffiin trays in both base of Varoma and Varoma Tray
- Weigh pitted dates into bowl.
- Chop 20secs / spd 6
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add bowling water.
- Cook 2mins / 65 C / spd 2.5
- Add coconut oil, coconut butter, and cocoa powder.
- Cook 30secs / 55 C / spd 3.5
- Scrape down sides of Bowl and top of blades
- Cook 1min 30secs / 55 C / spd 3.5
- Add the rest of the ingredients in list order.
- Mix 20secs / spd 4
- Scrape down sides of bowl
- Mix 20secs / spd 4
- If making cupcakes continue on to next step, if you want to make a loaf tin cake scroll to the loaf tin cake group.
- Pour into Muffin trays, and pour excess batter into bowl/ container to cook in next batch. Cover the top of the trays with baking paper to stop excess moisture getting in.
- Clean Bowl.
- Fill Bowl with 1.5L of water. Place Varoma with muffin trays inside on top. Put a piece of baking paper over the top of both sets of muffin trays to prevent excess water going into batter.
- Cook 39mins/ VAROMA / spd 2.5
- Let cool in muffin trays fore 10-15mins before taking out.
- Repeat previous 3 steps with remaining mixture.
- Grease two small loaf tins
- pour the batter evenly between each loaf tin
- clean the mixing bowl
- fill the bowl with 2 litres of water, put varoma on top and place one loaf tin in the varoma making sure not all the holes are covered.
- Place a piece of baking paper over loaf tin to stop excess water going into cake.
- 1 hr 30mins / VAROMA / spd 2.5
- remove loaf tin from Varoma and repeat previous 3 steps.
Mud cake cup cakes
Mud cake loaf tin
Loosely based on Arman's grain free brownie at thebigmansworld.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Banana and Strawberry Muffins / Cupcakes / Loaf
- Gevulde speculaas (Dutch spiced biscuit filled with almond paste)
- Vegan Banana Bread