- 1 Red Grapefruit
- 175 g Butter, Room temperature
- 155 g caster sugar
- 190 g SR flour
- 45 g poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 125 g cream cheese
- 50 g Butter
- 230 g icing sugar, (1 ½ cups)
- Reserved Grapefruit rind
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin pan (12) with paper cases.
Peel grapefruit for rind, use half of the flesh for juice and slice other half into segments for decoration.
2. Place grapefruit rind (no white pith) in TM bowl, and zest 5sec, Sp 7.
Reserve half (about 1 ½ tsp) tsp for icing
3.Add butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs to the remaining rind and beat 10sec, Sp5 or until combined. Scrape down sides.
4.Add poppy seeds and grapefruit juice (approx 60g). Mix 10sec Sp3/4
Spoon into patty pans, bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Beat cream cheese, butter and grapefruit rind on Sp5. Add icing sugar gradually (about ¼ cup at a time).
Spread over cupcakes. Top with grapefruit segments.
Adapted from Taste.com
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy date scones
- Carrot Cake
- Fail free Muffins
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)