- 4 eggs, (medium)
- 110 g Rapadura or Raw Sugar, (milled 10sec sp 10)
- 2 g Vanilla Bean Paste
- 75 g Plain Flour.
- 30 g Corn Flour (GF)
- 30 g cacoa powder
- 140 g Boiling water
- 275 g rapadura sugar or raw sugar, (Milled to icing sugar 10 sec, sp 10)
- 80 g Desiccated Coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F), lightly grease and line a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) baking tin baking paper.
- 2. Place eggs and vanilla into TM Bowl and add Butterfly. Beat until thick and creamy 2-3 mins, sp 3. Then Gradually add the pre milled sugar through the MC opening while lid is closed and blades are going, beating until sugar has dissolved for approx 3 mins, sp 3.
- 3. Remove butterfly & gently fold in the flour & Cornflour by adding gradually through the MC opening until just combined, Approx 40secs, .
- 4. Pour mixture into prepared tin, bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove, set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from tin, set aside on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. Remove paper and trim edges and carefully cut into 20 even squares.
3. Working one at a time, skewer a square of cake on a fork and hold over bowl of icing. Spoon icing over to cover, letting any excess drip off. Sprinkle lightly with coconut. Set aside on a rack over a tray, until icing has set. Repeat with remaining cake to make 20 lamingtons that work out to be only 139 Calories each.
Recipe contributed by Sarah Calvert, WA Consultant
Sponge Cake Preparation
Chocolate Topping & Construction
Make sure you beat the eggs well. They should rise to be four times the volume and this should take about 3-4 mins. Also fold the flours in really gently, otherwise you will lose all the air you have just put in there… so make sure it is on soft spoon, you can keep the butterfly in place to do this.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- double choc muffins
- Plum Cobbler
- Coconut Biscuits - Gluten free, Sugar free
- No Bake Passionfruit cheesecake slice
- Heidi's German Marble cake
- Choc Nut Slice Low FODMAP
- Vanilla Candy Coated Roast Nuts
- Banana Date and Oat Bars
- Fruit Leather
- Berry & White chocolate muffins
- Chocolate and Zucchini Muffins