- 3 --- large very ripe bananas
- 45 grams Coconut Oil (or other flavourless oil), Can use canola if you use it
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45 grams Pure Maple Syrup
- 170 grams Spelt Flour (white or whole)
- 25 grams Desiccated Coconut, Try to use preservative free
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 grams oats, Could use nuts e.g. walnuts
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180C
1. Add broken up bananas, coconut oil, vanilla and pure maple syrup, mash for 10 Seconds, Speed 4
2. Add spelt flour, bicarb soda, cinnamon, coconut, oats, salt, and egg, mix for 15 Seconds, Reverse + Speed 4 (or until combined).
Pour into small loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes at 180C (or until skewer comes out clean). Don't overcook and dry out! So easy, healthy and delicious!
Spelt Banana Bread
This is a great breakfast on the go as well!
I bake, let cool then package into separate Ziplock bags to go straight to the freezer for snacks on the run and the childrens lunch boxes. Because of the oats, it is more filling than a normal refined flour banana bread too. Spelt flour is also a healthier option than regular refined wheat flour. Check health food aisles at supermarkets or Health food shops.
Makes 1 Small Loaf
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Yummy Apricot and Coconut Balls
- Light Fruit Cake
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chickpea Slice
- ANZAC Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocolate Salted Caramel Melting Moments