- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water, luke warm
- 200 g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 50 g Shredded coconut
- 65 g brown sugar
- 75 g dark chocolate chips
- 75 g Pepita Seeds
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 170c
- 2. Line 2 trays with baking paper
3. Place the butter, chia seeds, bicarbonate of soda, honey and water into TM bowl.
Heat for 2 minutes at 60c on speed 2 until fully dissolved.
Repeat if necessary. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 4. Add flour, coconut and brown sugar into mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/speed 4.
- 5. Add chocolate chips and pepita seeds and mix 15 sec//speed 4
- 6. Roll the dough into approx. 16 balls and flatten gently. Place 3cm apart onto prepared baking trays.
- 7. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until browned.
- 8. Cool biscuits on tray for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
These can be made gluten free by using wholemeal self-raising flour in step 4.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Please leave a comment and rating if you try this, I'd love to get your feedback
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Biscuits
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread