- 30 grams Butter
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 45 grams castor sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 100 grams pecans
- pinch salt
- 60 grams Butter
- 520 grams plain flour
- 40 grams castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 240 grams buttermilk
- 1mL rum aroma, or 2 tablespoons Rum
- 10 grams melted butter, for brushing on scrolls
- 40 grams cream cheese, softened
- 20 grams buttermilk
- 110 grams icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Place butter in TM bowl and melt for 3 mins / 60 degrees / Speed 1.
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and flour a 22cm springform tin (or similiar). Place butter in TM bowl and melt for 3 mins / 60 degrees / Speed 1.
Place the cream cheese and icing sugar in the TM bowl and mix for 5 secs / Speed 3.
Add buttermilk and cinnamon and mix for 30 secs / Speed 3. Scrap down sides and repeat if neccessary.
Remove scrolls from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 mins. Then remove scroll from tin, ice and serve whilst warm.
I used Rum Aroma which is VERY strong. They come in 2mL tubes and I only used half of one. If you don't like rum flavour, reduce or only use a little 'real' rum.
I used pecans, but you could substitute in other nuts.
Leftovers are nicest warmed in the microwave or oven.
You can prepare and leave in fridge or freezer to bake at a later stage (if freezing, allow to defrost to room temperature... results not as good as fresh but still tasty!)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- White Christmas Hedgehog Slice (Woman's Day Recipe)
- Creamy Bacon and Capsicum Pasta
- Nuts Bolts and Screws Party Mix
- Red Wine Cranberry Sauce
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Ginger and Lemonade
- Fish with Curried Vegetables
- Shelley's Chilli Con Carne
- Vegetable and Lentil Moroccan Soup
- Chicken and Green Vegetable Quinoa Warm Salad