- 210 g egg whites, 7 large eggs at room temp
- 400 g caster sugar
- 340 g unsalted butter, cubed, room temp
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the Thermomix bowl/blade set and lid, as well as the mixing bowl of the stand mixer. They must be completely grease and water free for your meringue to work.
2. Place egg whites and catser sugar in the TM bowl. Heat 6-7 min/70*/Sp 2. Sugar must be fully dissolved, (you should not feel any sugar granules when rubbing mixture between finger tips). Mixture will be hot but not cooked.
3. Pour egg/sugar mixture into the bowl of the Stand Mixer with whisking attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until stiff glossy peaks form (about 20-30 mins). The temperature must come down to room temp, feel the outside of the mixing bowl. You can't start the next step if the meringue is still warm. Continue to beat a little longer until it cools down to room temp.
4. Once bowl is at room temp. remove whisk attachment and switch to beating paddle. Beat at medium speed, adding cubes of butter one at a time. When you see it mixed in, you add the next one. Butter must be at room temp or very slightly cool, but not too warm, the mixture will go sloppy if it is. (If mixture goes sloppy, put it in the fridge for a few minutes then bring out and continue to beat in butter). Be patient, this step does take a while but it pays off not to throw in the butter cubes too quickly.
5. Once all of the butter is in, scrape the sides down, continue beating on medium-high until it reaches a thick whipped consistency (approx. 3 mins). If it looks lumpy or liquidy at all, keep beating until smooth, thick and whipped.
6. Add the vanilla and salt and mix on medium-high until incorporated (about 1 minute).
Buttercream is ready to be used, piped or spread over cake.
Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Swiss meringue buttercream is less greasy and sweet than regular buttercream. It is very light and silky.
It is very stable too and will hold up on warm days (but will still need refridgerating after cakes are decorated on very hot days, until an hour or so before needed)
I have flavoured it with milled, freeze dried strawberries, which gave it a nice pink fleck and a strawberry zing to taste.
COFFEE FLAVOUR: 3 heaped teasp Instant Coffee in a small measuring cup. Add 2-3 tiny drops of warm water(not hot), mix to a paste. Add 1 teasp(or less) milk, mix thoroughly. Add this coffee mixture at step 6 and continue, scraping down sides at least once.
This recipe is for 24 cup cakes or a tall 6-8" cake.
It can be halved for 12 cup cakes, make sure measurements are halved exactly, preparation time is the same though.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Hunters version of Nigella's Master Chef Lemon Pavlova