- 3 egg whites
- 275 g sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 270 g Desiccated Coconut
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Brunch Lunch Snack Supper Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Easy Quick Australian Dessert Side dish Non-dairy
- Preheat oven to 150-160 degrees. Line 3 baking trays with paper.
- Place lemon zest in TM bowl and mill 10 seconds speed 9
- Add in sugar and mill a further 30 seconds speed 9. Scrape sugar into a separate bowl, and clean & dry thermomix bowl completely. (this is not as fiddly as meringues so no need for a vinegar rinse)
- Fit butterfly and beat egg whites for 5 minutes at 37 degrees speed 4
- While conitnuing to beat egg whites at speed 4 (no temperature setting), add the lemon sugar through the hole in the lid about a tablespoon at a time. This should take 3-5 minutes. REMOVE BUTTERFLY.
- Add the coconut and cornflour to the mixture and either mix for 5 seconds speed 4 reverse, or mix by hand to combine
- Either drop heaped tablespoons of mixture onto your trays or roll into ball shapes. Leave ~3-5cm between biscuits
- Bake 20-22 minutes until light golden brown. Cool for 5-10 minutes on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Kiwi Biscuits
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread