- 440 g rapadura sugar or raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 65 g Dutch Cocoa, (plus extra for dusting)
- 100 g plain flour
- 200 g dark chocolate, (55% cocoa solids - broken into pieces)
- 225 g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- Large pinch of salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 160C
Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin and set aside
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 3 - 4 sec / speed 9
Add baking powder, cocoa and flour and mix 5 sec / speed 10
Remove from mixing bowl and set aside
Place chocolate into mixing bowl and chop 1 - 2 sec / speed 5 or until it roughly resembles approx. 1cm chunks.
Remove from mixing bowl and set aside in a separate bowl.
Place butter and salt into mixing bowl and melt 2 - 3 mins / 60C / speed 2.
Once melted, leave in mixing bowl and allow to cool to 37C.
Add flour mixture and eggs and mix approx. 30 sec / speed 3 or until combined.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add chocolate and vanilla and mix 10 - 20 sec / Reverse / speed 2 or until combined, using spatula to assist.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin, using back of a spoon to spread evenly.
Bake for 1 hour or until top has risen (it may dip slightly in the middle) and a skewer comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached.
Allow to cool completely in the tin.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zesty ginger oat & coconut crunch
- Fluffiest Scones Ever
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Linda's Mum's Lemon Jelly Cake
- Raspberry Friands
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Banana fritters
- Quick Lime and Coconut Slice, Gluten Free and Diary Free
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Mocha Hot Cross Buns
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon