- 1/2 C buckwheat
- 1/4 C almonds
- 1/2 C arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Butter or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1.5 C Almond milk
- 2 C mixed dried fruit
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
In a clean dry bowl, mill buckwheat & almonds for 30 sec on Speed 9.
Add psyillum husks & baking powder, mix for 6 sec on Speed 6.
Set aside dry ingredients into a bowl.
Place butter or coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, mixed fruit, mixed spice and coconut oil into TM bowl for 4min, 100deg, Speed 2.
Ensure mixture reaches 100 degrees boiling, and allow to boil 100deg for about 1 minute.
Immediately add the bicarb soda and stir 10sec Speed 3 to make it froth.
Take the MC & lid off & allow to cool for 10 minutes (no more).
Add the dry ingredients and mix 20 sec on speed 6.
Divide pudding mixture equally into 12 silicone cup cake moulds or other ramekin style dishes and arrange top and bottom of Varoma dish and tray around the outside to allow for steam to pass through.
Without cleaning the TM bowl, add 1 litre water to bowl, add lid without MC and steam puddings 17min – 20min Varoma Temp Speed 3.
Test puddings are cooked and turn upside down. Puddings should release easily from silicone moulds.
Alternatively - bake puddings in greased cup cake moulds for 160 degrees for approx. 30min.
Serve hot with a plain or brandy custard – see Basic Cookbook, or Automated recipe on TM5 chip or for a dairy free option search Cashew Vanilla Custard
Accessories you need
Adapted from Dr Andrea Robertson
"My Nan and Nanna were two of the most special people in the world to me when I was growing up. They were both amazing cooks and I spent many hours with them in the kitchen. This is a clean eating version of my Nan’s Christmas pudding that has been a family staple every Christmas for as long as I can remember."
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Honeycomb Muffins
- Apple Banana & Oat Muffin Bites
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly dark chocolate ganache
- Nuttella Buttercream
- Nans cherry cheese strudel
- Passionfruit Slice
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Strawberry jelly slice
- Chocolate Fruit and Nut Macaroon Slice
- Anzac Biccies
- Citrus Bender
- Nanna Ivy Melba’s Apricot Slice
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Cashew Vanilla Custard
- Raw Choc Cups Almond or Cherry
- Raw Peppermint Slice
- No Bad Stuff Bread
- No Bad Stuff Raisin Bread
- Tre Colori Wheatberry Salad
- One Pot Fish & Risoni Stew
- Baked Artichoke Dip
- Almond & Raspberry Slice
- Low FODMAP Muesli
- Vanilla & Cinnamon Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- Peanut crunch protein bites
- Multi-seed Gluten Free Bread
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops
- Ridiculously Easy Gluten & Dairy Free Cookies
- Gluten Free Fruit Loaf
- Kuttu Ki Khicdi