- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 250 grams Butter
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams walnuts
- 30 grams cocoa
* Pre-heat oven to 180oC
* Line a 23cm square baking tin with baking paper
* Place nuts in bowl and pulse till chopped, not too fine. Set aside
* Break up chocolate and place in Thermie bowl, 10seconds on speed 9.
* Add chopped butter, 2 minutes, temperature 70oC, speed 2.
* Add flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder and cocoa, 10 seconds, speed 4.
* Scrape down sides of the bowl
*Add nuts for 20 seconds, speed 2
*Pour into prepared tin, smooth out and bake for 30 - 35 minutes
* Cool in tin for 30 minutes
Accessories you need
If you are using gluten free flour, increase amount to 170grams.
You can use any mixture of nuts as long as it adds up to 200grams, But cut them up as if they are whole it is hard to slice when cooked.
If you want to make it nut free, add white choc bits!
Best to have the right sized tin otherwise this will affect the cooking time! I line the opposite sided with short pieces then get one long piece to go along the side, bottom and up the other side. I hold the paper in place with pegs will filling the tray and remove them before cooking!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.