- 200 grams Whole orange, (approx 1 medium orange)
- 300 grams Whole raw almonds
- 90 grams sugar
- 100 grams carrot, (approx 1 small-med carrot, unpeeled)
- 4 eggs
- 80 grams Gluten free plain flour, or cornflour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams Coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Lightly grease and line muffin trays
- 2. Place almonds, sugar & coconut into TM bowl and mill for 15 seconds on speed 10. Set aside.
- 3. Place oranges/carrots into TM bowl and chop for 8 seconds on speed 5.
- 4. Add almond/sugar/coconut mix, eggs, cornflour and baking powder and mix for 10 seconds on speed 7, using spatula if necessary.
- 5. Pour the batter into prepared muffin trays and bake for 40 minutes, using a skewer to make sure the cake is cooked. It can seem slightly moist but still springing back in middle.
- 6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- 7. Serve warm or cooled with ice cream or yogurt.
Accessories you need
This mixture could also be divided into small dariole moulds and steamed for 20-25 minutes in the Varoma. It would make 10-20 (depending on the size of your moulds) so you might prefer to halve the mixture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves