- 210 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 150 g Creamed honey
- 2 Chai teabags
- Zest of 1 orange, finely grated/Microplaned
- 5 eggs
- 150 g Caster Sugar (or milled from raw)
- 240 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
8Recipe is created for
Melt butter and honey for 3 mins / 90 deg / speed 1
Remove strings from both teabags.
Add teabags and zest to bowl and infuse for 2 mins / 100 deg / speed / .
Leave in bowl, infusing further, for 10 mins before adding further ingredients.
Meanwhile, lightly whisk eggs and sugar together in separate mixing bowl.
After 10 mins, remove teabags carefully from hot honey mixture with spatula.
Add egg mixture in thin, steady stream through hole of lid until all added / speed 2
Add flour, baking powder and salt to bowl and mix until just combined for 20 secs / speed 2. Scrape down sides with spatula and mix for further 5 secs / speed 2
Carefully spoon or pipe (using piping bag / zip lock bag) mixture into greased (with melted butter) Madeleine tray, only filling 3/4 full.
Bake in batches at 160 deg celcius (fan forced) for 8 mins or until lightly golden.
Gently ease Madeleines from tray using a small teaspoon and cool on rack.
Madeleine baking trays can be purchased from specialty cooking stores, however this recipe would probably also work well with mini muffin trays.
Madeleines are best eaten on the day they are made, however store in airtight container and serve at room temperature if necessary - do not refrigerate.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Anzac Biscuits
- Raspberry White Chocolate Baked Cheesecake
- Christmas Pudding Bliss Balls
- Fig, Cranberry & Pistachio Turkey Roll
- Gluten Free Lemon Chia Slice
- Chocolate Chia Mousse
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 120 Gram Slice
- Rhubarb, Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies
- Flourless Chocolate Whole Orange Cake
- Strawberries & Cream Shortcake
- Jerusalem Artichoke & Kipfler Soup
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad