THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 grams almonds, see notes for nut free version
- 100 grams sunflower butter, peanut butter or other nut/seed butter
- 100 grams Butter or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, or 3 small
- 50-100 grams coconut sugar or honey or maple syrup
- 100 grams banana flour, or buckwheat, tapioca or chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, or 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, only if using UNsalted butter
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chips or pieces
- 100 grams Walnuts or Pecans
- 100 grams sultanas or rasins
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 50-100 grams shaved coconut or flaked almonds
- 100 grams cooking apples, roughly diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 100g sultanas or rasins or currants
Choose your variation, you only need the basic dough and the ingredients for your chosen variant, not for all three. Preheat your oven to 180'C or 170'C for fan forced.
Weigh in the almonds and grind for 10 secs./speed 10. For Applesauce variation add the apple and grate for another 10 secs./speed 10.
Add the nut or seed butter, butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and salt if using. For Spiced Oatmeal or Applesauce variations add extra spices now.
Beat your butter mix for 20 secs./slowly increasing to speed 5.
Add the banana flour and baking soda.
Mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
For Tollhouse variation add the chocolate/nuts now. For Spiced Oatmeal add the sultanas and flakes. For Applesauce add the sultanas. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Line a baking tray with baking paper or your Thermomat. Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto your tray leaving a good size space between for spreading and rising.
Bake for 20 minutes (checking after 15) or until golden, baked through and firm to touch on top.
Cool on baking racks and enjoy!
Basic Cookie Dough & Variants
For a nut free version either use an extra 100g of sunflower butter and omit almonds. Or use 100g sunflowers and either 100g tahini or 100g sunflower butter.
I have tried the basic batter with peanut butter (GAPS), sunflower butter, all peanut butter and no almonds, buckwheat flour, two brands of banana flour, coconut oil and butter (butter is better). Have also tried all three variants as recipe is with almonds, sunflower butter and butter plus relevan additions. Cinnamon is not necesary but it is lovely in all three, if your adverse to cinnamon omit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Easter Spiced Paleo Cookies (GAPS, Grain & Gluten Free)
- Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies
- Penny’s protein packed choc chip cookies
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- 60 minute lunch rolls
- Brewed Ginger Beer (alcoholic)
- Steamed Port Dumplings
- Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one