- 40 g gelatine
- 70 g water, cold
- 185 g water, boiling
- 400 g caster sugar
- 1 level teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg white
- 2 g essence, vanilla , lemon rosewater or orange blossom
- 200 g desicated coconut, plain or toasted
1h 15minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Make sure butterfly is in place in TM bowl
Add caster sugar , egg white and cream of tartar into TM bowl
In a seperate bowl , soak gelatine in cold water
Allow to spong (1 min) , drain off any excess liquid
Add boiling water and stir until dissolved
Now add this gelatine mix into the TM .
Set time to 10 mins and beat on Speed 4
I used 37 Degrees for 2 mins from the ens of beatinng - add essence and colour if you like
Mixture will be ready when it forms a sticky peak when you touch it
pour mixture into a slightly greased tin dusted with cornflour
Leave for approx 1 hr to set int he fridge
Turn out on a cornflour board
Cut with a hot knife to give a clean finish
Roll the pieces in cornflour , toasted or plain coconut or icing sugar which ever you prefer .
You can also colour the coconut if you you like too
Always remember you can blitz the coconut yourself to achieve a finer texture and to save money !
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Apple & Carrot Microwave Cake
- Milky Bar Cheesecake
- LCM Bars
- Tiny Teddies- Honey