- 150 g plain sweet biscuits
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 40 g Unsalted butter, softened
- 300 g - 350 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, roasted
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 80 g maple syrup (real)
- 80 g caster sugar (1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to dust
- 1-2 tsp ground nutmeg , plus extra to dust
- 4 eggs (260g)
- 3 pieces glacé ginger, finely chopped, to garnish
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease the sides of a 20 cm springform tin and set aside.
Place biscuits, ginger and butter into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 9, into a breadcrumb consistency. Press mixture into the base of tin and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place roasted pumpkin, cream cheese, maple syrup, caster sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, eggs into mixing bowl and beat 20 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl, then beat for a further 10 sec/speed 7.
Pour pumpkin mixture onto cooled biscuit base and wrap cake tin with aluminum foil. Place cake tin into the Varoma dish, add 1.2 L of water into mixing bowl and place Varoma into position. Steam 60 min/Varoma/speed 1. Check to see that cake is set in the middle. If not, re-wrap and cook for a further 15 - 20 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove cake and place in the refrigerator to cool and set for a minimum of 4 hours. Remove cake from tin and dust with extra nutmeg and cinnamon. Decorate with glacé ginger and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Energy Muffins
- Pineapple coconut cake
- Oat & Coconut Cookies Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Apricot Bites Paleo
- Chewy Choc-Chunk Slice
- Fruit Roll Ups/ Fruit Leathers
- Feijoa spelt muffins
- Celebration Cookies
- Granny Vest's Cup Cakes
- Choc Chip Chai Hot Cross Buns
- Tangy Lemon Cake with Chantilly Cream
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Hot cross buns
- Chocolate hazelnut kisses
- Fennel, date and nut bread
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Fruit and nut muesli (TM31)
- Quick fruit sorbet (TM31)
- Fruity dream (soft serve ice cream) (TM31)
- Crunchy carrot salad (TM31)
- Three cheese and spinach rolls (TM31)
- Kawakawa smoked NZ lamb with native herb, beetroot, garlic cream and ancient grain wafers - Chef Dave Anderson