- 150 g plain sweet biscuits
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 40 g Unsalted butter, softened
- 300 g - 350 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, roasted
- 500 g cream cheese, softened
- 80 g maple syrup (real)
- 80 g caster sugar (1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to dust
- 1-2 tsp ground nutmeg , plus extra to dust
- 4 eggs (260g)
- 3 pieces glacé ginger, finely chopped, to garnish
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease the sides of a 20 cm springform tin and set aside.
Place biscuits, ginger and butter into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 9, into a breadcrumb consistency. Press mixture into the base of tin and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place roasted pumpkin, cream cheese, maple syrup, caster sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, eggs into mixing bowl and beat 20 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl, then beat for a further 10 sec/speed 7.
Pour pumpkin mixture onto cooled biscuit base and wrap cake tin with aluminum foil. Place cake tin into the Varoma dish, add 1.2 L of water into mixing bowl and place Varoma into position. Steam 60 min/Varoma/speed 1. Check to see that cake is set in the middle. If not, re-wrap and cook for a further 15 - 20 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove cake and place in the refrigerator to cool and set for a minimum of 4 hours. Remove cake from tin and dust with extra nutmeg and cinnamon. Decorate with glacé ginger and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Anzac Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Nutella 'like' Bliss Balls
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles