- 500 grams mixed dried fruit
- 350 grams brown sugar
- 1 level tbsp golden syrup
- 125 grams Butter
- 250 grams apricot nectar
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 --- eggs
- 250 grams pumpkin, Cooked, mashed & cooled
- 500 grams plain flour
- 2&1/2 level tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 160C.
Grease & line cake tin.
- Add 500g water to mixing bowl.
- Place Steaming basket into mixing bowl and adding pumpkin (diced into 3cm pieces).
Insert MC into lid and cook 15min/Varoma/speed 1.
Drain water once cooked and blend 10sec/speed 5.
Transfer to a bowl & set aside in fridge to cool.
- Add mixed fruit, brown sugar, syrup, butter, & apricot nectar to the mixing bowl. Place MC into lid & place on bowl.
Cook 10min/70/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
- Add bicarbonate of sofa. Mc into lid & place on bowl.
Mix 10sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2.
Allow to cool to a min of 50C.
- Add eggs & mashed pumpkin.
Mix 20sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3.
- Add flour & mix 40sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3, or until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to cake tine & bake for 90 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
Accessories you need
Decorate top of cake with raw almonds in a pattern before baking.
Otherwise drizzle the top of the baked cake (once cooled) with melted white chocolate & press toasted almond flakes and dried cranberries into the drizzle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- KETO FRIENDLY SALSBURY STEAK WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Inky's (dairy free) Rhubarb & Raspberry Curd
- Semolina Cake
- Best Lemon Slice
- Satay Marinade
- Macadamia Butter Toffee Crunch
- Armenian Nutmeg Cake
- Keto Nutty Seeded Crackers
- Basmati rice pilaf with fruit and nuts
- Lemon Cloud Cheesecake
- No-bake Lemon Fudge (adapted from Wendyl Nissen)
- Patrick's (Idiot Proof) Bread