THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 g good quality dark chocolate, I like green & blacks organic 70%
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 5 medium eggs, I like to use pasture eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinamon
- 250 g Fresh Raspberries, if out of season frozen and semi defrosted is fine
- icing sugar, for dusting
8Recipe is created for
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and base line a round 23cm cake tin.
Place 250g of the chocolate (broken into pieces) and grind on speed 9 for 5 seconds, add cubed butter in the bowl and grind on speed 8 for 20 seconds, then melt at 50 degrees, 4 minutes, speed 2, remove from bowl and set aside (make sure the bowl is warm to stop chocolate from stiffening up).
Insert butterfly and beat together the eggs and sugar for 4-5 minutes on speed 4 until thick and pale. On speed 1 very gently poor the melted chocolate mixture into the whisked eggs, once all chocolate has been added, stop the TMX and add flour and cinnamon over the mixture and mix on speed 1 for 30 seconds. Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle 175g raspberries evenly over the top, reserving the remaining raspberries for decoration.
Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the cake is risen and firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out onto a plate. When cool, dust with sifted icing sugar.
When ready to serve, place the remaining chocolate and 2 tsp cold water in bowl and melt at 50 degrees for 2 minutes. Place a slice of cake on each plate and drizzle with a little chocolate sauce and a few reserved raspberries & serve with clotted cream if you wish.
Best eaten on the same day as cooked.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Baba Ganoush - the Best in the World!
- Jerk Spice Mix
- Jamaican sweet potato & bean curry
- Spicy Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho
- Carrot & Watercress Soup
- Easy Peasy Cauliflower Pizza Base
- Kristy's baked beans
- Chicken miso soup
- Apple & Raspberry Jam
- Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup
- Herby Chicken & Egg Sandwich Filler
- "clean" chicken and corn soup