- Crust 250 g plain flour 1 teaspoon salt 225 g butter in cubes 250 g cream cheese cut into pieces 75 g sour cream Filling; 50 g honey 1 tablespoon cinnamon 120 g pecans 70 g craisins [dried cranberries] To assemble: apple butter about 1/2 cup
Recipe is created for
Put all crust ingredients into the TMX bowl and mix at speed 5 until crumbly. About 10 seconds.
Tip onto a floured board or Thermomat and bring together with floured hands.
Divide into 4 equal pieces and press into disks. Wrap each in cling film and refrigerate at least 2 hours up to 2 days.
Put all filling ingredients into TMX bowl except honey and chop speed 7 – 8 till finely chopped. Add honey and mix speed 3 till combined. Divide into 4 equal parts.
To assemble take one disk at a time from the refrigerator, roll dough to a 23 cm round. With a spoon spread a thin layer of apple butter onto the pastry round. Scatter ¼ of the nut mix onto a round. Place a piece of baking paper over nuts and lightly press into the dough. Cut dough into 12 wedges. A pizza cutter works well. Be careful not to cut mat if using. Roll from the wide end to the middle to make croissant shaped pieces. Place on ungreased baking sheet and return to the refrigerator. Continue with each disk of pastry.
Additional option; each piece can be rolled in sugar before placing on baking tray.
Allow at least 20 minutes for cookies to chill. Preheat oven to 180 C.
Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on wire rack. Rugelach freeze well.
Best done quickly if the kitchen is hot. Do not stop to take pictures.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Funfetti Blondies
- Moist Beetroot Brownie
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle