- 130 g plain flour
- 85 g brown sugar
- 120 g Butter, unsalted, cubed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 50 g butter, unsalted, cubed
- 80 g golden syrup
- 1 tsp Cardamon, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cloves, ground
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Earl Grey teabag, (optional)
- 220 g dark chocolate
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt flakes, good quality
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line the base of a 20cm springform tin or a 20cm square slice tin with baking paper.
- Put flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon into TM bowl and process 10 – 15 seconds/speed 7 until combined. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Smooth surface and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Wash and dry TM bowl.
- To make filling, put butter, golden syrup, cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves and tea bag into TM bowl and cook 3 minutes / 60oC/reverse/ speed soft until butter has melted.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes/ 100C/reverse/ speed 1. Remove and discard tea bag.
- Add condensed milk to TM bowl and cook 15 minutes/ Varoma / reverse/ speed 3 or until mixture has thickened and slightly darkened. Remove cinnamon stick from TM bowl and discard.
- Pour mixture over base. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until bubbling and lightly golden. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool until caramel is firm.
- To make topping, put chocolate into TM Bowl and chop 10 seconds/speed 9. Add butter and cook 2 minutes / 60C/ speed 1 until almost melted. Stir 1 minute/ speed 3 or until smooth.
- Spoon topping over filling, smoothing surface with back of spoon.
- Sprinkle salt flakes over chocolate topping, then refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours until set.
- Cut into thin wedges or small squares and serve. Tastes great with a good coffee.
This recipe has been converted for Thermomix from Cook to Impress by Karen Martini.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice