- 115 g Judges 5:25, = butter
- 170 g Jeremiah 6:20, = sugar
- 1 tablespoon Proverbs 24:13, = honey
- 3 Job 39:14, = eggs
- 1st Kings 10:2, = spices ( Spices: 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground allspice, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg )
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Amos 4:5, = baking powder, plus 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Leviticus 2:13, = salt
- 235 g 1st Kings 4:22, = plain flour
- 120 g Genesis 24:11, = water (or buttermilk)
- 165 g 1st Samuel 30:12, = raisins
- 165 g Revelations 6:13, = dried figs
- 110 g Numbers 17:8, = almonds
Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Heavily grease and flour a large loaf pan.
In TMX bowl, place raisins, figs, almonds and 60g of the flour. Pulse the turbo button a few times until fruit-nut mixture is chopped but not mashed. Set aside.
Without washing out bowl, mill raw sugar 7 seconds at speed 10. Add butter (roughly chopped, at room temperature) and honey then beat for 8 seconds at speed 6. Scrape down. Add eggs, all remaining dry ingredients and water or buttermilk then blend for 15 seconds at speed 4. Scrape again. Add fruit-nut mixture and fold into batter for one minute on reverse / speed 1.
Pour batter into pan. Cut through with spatula to distribute evenly. Bake for about one and a half hours, or until a cake tester poked into centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan for thirty minutes, then turn out on rack to cool completely.
Makes one large loaf cake.
Accessories you need
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from a recipe on page 30 of First Lady Bicentennial Cookbook, published by the South Carolina Division of the American Cancer Society, Columbia, South Carolina USA, 1975.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies
- Ouma’s soetkoekies (sweet biscuits)
- Best Ever Aussie pumpkin pie
- Nigella's Rosemary rememberance cake
- Sesame bars Cookidoo - translated from Italian
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)