- 110 g plain flour
- 65 g raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda, heaped
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder, heaped
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 38 g Butter, room temp,broken into pieces
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Milk
- 38 g honey
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 120 g dark chocolate chips
- 65 g Butter
- 110 g raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 45 g plain flour
- 12 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 180 g water
- 220 g raw sugar
- 6 g gelatine
2h 20minPreparation 1h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
- 1) Add Flour,sugar,bicarb,baking powder & salt to bowl.Mix 3 sec/reverse speed 3
2) Add butter,mix 5 sec/reverse speed 4
3) Add milk,honey & vanilla.Knead on dough mode for 50 seconds.
4) Make into ball,then start to shape roughly into shape of tray.Wrap in themomat or cling wrap & place in fridge for atleast an hour.
5) Wash & dry bowl.
6) Fit dough into tray on baking paper & place back in fridge.
- Chocolate layer
Preheat oven to 180 deg
1) Add chocolate & butter to bowl.1 1/2 mins/50 deg/speed 1
2) Scrape down edges of bowl.Further 1 min/50 deg/speed 1 or until chocolate has melted.
3) Place butterfly in bowl.Add sugar,egg & beat 2 mins/speed 4
4) Leaving butterfly in place.Add flour,cocoa,salt & beat 2 mins/speed 4
5) Pour into lined tray.
6) Place both biscuit layer & chocolate layer into oven on seperate trays.
7) 15 mins for biscuit layer or until nice & golden,20 mins for chocolate layer.
Wash & dry bowl.
- Marshmallow layer
1) Place water,sugar & gelatine in bowl,trying to avoid the blades.
2) Place butterfly in place.5 min/100 deg/speed 1
3) Take bowl off machine & remove lid to let mixture cool until you remove dough from oven.
4) Cut biscuit layer as soon as you remove from oven,set aside.
5) Remove chocolate layer from tin to cool.
6) Blend marshmallow layer for 6 mins/speed 4.
7) Place chocolate layer back into tray.Pour marshmallow onto chocolate layer & top with biscuit layer,leaving space between each piece to fit your knife.
Leave on bench to set for around 30 mins before cutting
Accessories you need
*You'll have an hour after you make the biscuit dough,while its in the fridge,to gather the rest of your ingredients.You can leave it for longer if you like.
*I used a 19cm*19cm brownie tray - 7.5*7-5 inch
*Make sure your piece of baking paper is over the top edges of your tray so its easy to lift out once marshmallow is poured in.
*If you have 2 of that size tray you can use them both,I only had one so transferred my biscuit layer to a cookie sheet after rolling and smoothing it out as even as I could to fit the brownie tray.
*The biscuit dough is quite sticky,I found it easiest to roll between two pieces of baking paper,but then I used the top sheet to line the tray for my chocolate layer.
*You'll know when the marshmallow is set as you will be able to peel off baking paper & it will hold its shape.
*Cutting the biscuit layer as soon as you remove it from the oven means that you can cut cleanly through the marshmallow & chocolate layers.
*You may find it easiest to wipe knife with damp cloth between each cut.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Chocolate Peanut butter slice
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars
- Plum Crumble Cake
- Golden Syrup Biscuits
- Choco-caramel slice
- Date and Walnut Loaf
- Variation South African Buttermilk Rusks
- Nutrient boosted banana bread