- 125 grams butter softened, cubed if from fridge
- 270 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 110 grams Self Raising Flour
- 35 grams plain flour
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 125 grams Milk
- 60 grams sour cream
- 150 grams Milk or Dark Chocolate Melts
- 120 grams Thickened cream or sour cream
8Recipe is created for
Pre heat oven 140 degrees fan forced/160 degrees other. grease and line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper. set aside.
place butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence in TM bowl mix 5 secs, speed 6. scrap bowl.
Add 3 eggs onto lid of bowl mix 10 secs, speed 5 lifting measuring cup so eggs feed into bowl.
Add self raising flour, plain flour, cocoa powder, sour cream and milk mix 15 secs, speed 6.
pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 1 hour (60 minutes) or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Leave in tin 5 minutes then remove onto wire rack until cool.
place 150 grams of milk or dark chocolate into TM bowl grate 10 secs, speed 9. scrap bowl melt 2 mins, speed 3 50 degrees until melted. Add thicked cream mix 5 secs, speed 6 until combined. remove to bowl refrigerate until cool then spread over cooled cake.
Instead of thickened cream for the chocolate ganache you can use the same amount of sour cream for a different taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake