- 4 centimetre cinnamon stick, or 2 teasp ground cinnamon
- 1 nutmeg, whole, or 1 teasp ground nutmeg
- 12 cloves whole, or 1/2 teasp ground cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon cardamon pods, or 1/2 teasp ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 550 gram Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 orange zest
- 200 gram Caster Sugar (or milled from raw)
- 200 gram Butter softened
- 2 eggs
Recipe is created for
Pre Heat oven 175 degrees. Line Baking tray with Baking PaperThis recipe is much tastier if using whole spices rather than powder.
Add Cardamon pods 20 secs speed 7. Remove husks and unopened pods.
Add Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves mill 1 min speed 9
Add ginger powder, flour and baking powder. Mix 10 sec speed 7
Add lemon and orange zest mill 10 sec speed 9
Add butter and heat 1 min 60 degrees speed 4
Add Eggs and Sugar beat 15 sec speed 5
Add flour mixture mix 40 sec speed 4. Scrape down sides 10 sec speed 4
Roll out on floured surface or thermomat.
Use gingerbread man cutter place on baking tray baking 10 -15 mins.
When cool decorate
Use gingerbread man cutter upside down to make reindeers. Decorate with Royal Icing (or pick up icing kit from supermarket and use the white and brown colours. The noses are like mini MNM’s and in baking section of the supermarket.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Choc almond bliss balls