- 200 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 225 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 55 g Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 50 g water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 apples, peeled and quartered
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 115 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 30 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Milk
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease baking pan.
Place all the cake batter ingredients into the TM bowl. Blend all the ingredients at speed 9 for 20 seconds.
Pour batter into the baking pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Test with a toothpick or skewer to ensure the cake is completely cooked.
Allow to cool before icing.
Mill the sugar at speed 10 for 10 seconds.
Add the remaining icing ingredients into the TM bowl and mix at speed 7 for 10 seconds.
Spread frosting over a cooled cake. Once frosting has set, the cake is ready to be served.
Instead of this frosting, you could also use the Butter Sauce from the Everyday Cookbook's Sticky Date Pudding recipe.
This recipe was converted from the 500 Chocolate Delights compendium by Lauren Floodgate (page 37).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Dad's Easy Chicken Curry
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Ham and Tomato Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Sambal Belacan Tumis (Fried Chili Shrimp Paste)
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Malaysian Chicken Laksa
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Nyonya Onde-Onde
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread