THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 120 g Raw macadamias
- 80 g 85% dark chocolate, roughly broken up
- 400 g previously roasted sweet potato or pumpkin, peeled (this is about 2 medium sized sweet potatoes)
- 100 g Rice malt syrup
- 60 g coconut oil
- 40 g Coconut Flour
- 30 g raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- pinch sea salt
- 3 eggs
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Add macadamia nuts & chocolate to bowl. Chop speed 4, 3-5 seconds (or until chopped to your liking) or if you like random chunky chopped nuts -Turbo, 1 second, 2-3 times. Set aside for later.
Puree sweet potato or pumpkin. Speed 4, 5-10 sec until smooth. Scrape down bowl.
Add all ingredients except nuts. Mix speed 5, 5 sec. Scrape down bowl and mix another 5 sec, speed 5.
Add chopped nuts & chocolate. Stir through.speed 4, 5-10 seconds until combined.
Pour into brownie/slice tin and bake for 25-30mins at 180 degrees. This is a very moist brownie so it can be hard to tell when it's cooked... keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!
Accessories you need
Roast the sweet potato or pumpkin whole at 180 degrees for 45min-1hr and then scrape out the flesh to puree it.
I've also done a mix of macadamia and brazil nuts which is delicious and the brazil nuts add extra nutrients. You can use any nuts you like!
Brownie recipe converted from Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar Chocolate Cookbook
This makes more than the picture... they started to eat them before I managed to get a photo!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Caramel Coconut Slice
- Butterfly cakes
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Nan's Choc Chip Biscuits
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Beetroot Soup (Paleo)
- Mini Pizza bases with sneaky pumpkin (grain free, dairy free, nut free, paleo)
- The Merrymaker Sisters Savoury Paleo Bread
- Choc banana pancakes (grain free, dairy free, sugar free)
- Coconutty Chocolate Spread (Fructose free, dairy free)
- Quinoa Chocolate Cake (grain & dairy free)
- Lemony Lentil Soup