- 250 g dark chocolate
- 250 g Butter, room temp
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 200 g water
- 340 g plain flour
- 30 g cocoa
- 0.5 tsp Bi Carb Soda
- 490 g sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g buttermilk
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 300 g dark chocolate, grated
- 100 g Thickend cream
Preheat oven to 150c Grease and line a deep 23cm round tin Place chocolate, butter, coffee, sugar and water in TM bowl 3 mins 30c speed 2 Add remaining ingredients (except eggs) mix 30 secs sp4-5.with blades running just below sp 3, add the eggs, mix for 1 min Scrap sides and then another 30secs sp 4 Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 30minutes. Insert a thin-bladed knife or wooden skewer into the centre of the cake to test whether it is cooked through. When cooked through, remove cake from oven, cover with a clean tea towel and allow to cool in the pan. When the cake has cooled to room temperature, remove it from the pan. The top surface of the cake will probably have a crunchy crust, which you may wish to trim off. We turn the cake upside down to give a flat surface for icing. Make ganache. Chocolate and cream in tm 2 mins 50c speed 3 Allow to cool before spreading ganache over cake then refrigerate.
TWEAKS by Lush have been added
Substitute 100g of water for Liqueur of your choice
Best Made the day before, wrap in glad wrap, then foil
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤