- 250 g softened butter
- 460 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 100 g orange juice, approx 1 orange juiced
- zest 1 orange, grated
- 1200 g Self Raising Flour, approx 6 mugs
- 1 egg extra for egg wash
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 4 trays with baking paper.
Cream Butter and Sugar together for 2 mins, speed 5, until pale in colour.
Add eggs one at a time while blades still turning.
Add juice, zest and vanilla sugar and mix 30 seconds, speed 5.
Add 500g four and mix 5 sec, speed 6, then knead for 2 mins. At this point you can try adding small batches of the remainder of the flour but what you will find is that at some point, you will need to knead the rest of flour by hand, as this is a large batch and may not fit into the Thermomix. You can halve the recipe and do it in 2 batches if you wish.
Once dough is kneaded it should resemble a very soft playdough.
Shape into plaits, snails or whatever you wish and place onto tray. Lightly beat the egg for egg wash and baste the biscuits.
Put into oven for about 15 -20 mins or until golden in colour.
If you don't want to do any kneading by hand, halve this recipe and do it in 2 batches. You can also decrease the sugar amount to taste.
These biscuits are delicious when dipped in a hot cup of tea!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Home made Baileys
- Spanakopita (Greek Spinach pie)
- Greek Cabbage Salad
- Goji and Coconut Raw Chocolate
- Tacos basic
- Avocado hommus
- Tsourekia (Greek Easter Bread)
- Semolina Custard
- Keftethes (Greek Meatballs)
- Greek Easter Chocolate Souffle
- Galaktobouriko (Greek Vanilla Slice)
- Rizogalo (Greek Rice Pudding)