- 185 grams Butter
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 45 grams custard powder
- 225 grams plain flour
- 80 grams icing sugar
- 40 grams Butter
- 2 teaspoons custard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180.
2. Line two trays with baking paper.
3. Add butter and icing sugar - 5 sec / speed 8 and scrape bowl.
4. Cream the butter and sugar together - 40 sec / speed 4.
5. Add custard powder and plain flour - 20 sec / start speed 1 up to 4.
6. Spoon out mixture onto trays (see note below) and press with fork.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes until slightly golden and move to cooling rack (see note).
1. Add all ingredients to clean, dry bowl - 10 sec / speed 4.
2. Once biscuits are cooled, ice and join (see note below).
3. Leave until icing has set and biscuits don't move and store in airtight container.
Accessories you need
Tips: Step 7 - Teaspoon-sized will get 50 pieces (25 biscuits). Step 9 - When transferring to cooling rack, pair them up size-wise with one face up and one face down, ready for icing. Step 2 - Ice all face down biscuits before joining so if you have been too generous or stingey you can rectify before joining all the biscuits up.
Disclaimer: This is the CWA Yo-Yo recipe, which has been passed down through a few generations in my family. Thanks CWA, you have great stuff!
Costs: As at Feb '15, these cost:
- all Homebrand - $1.09 (4c ea) or all brand names - $2.82 (11c ea)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Choc almond bliss balls