- 80 g water
- 150 g sugar, (white or raw)
- 90 g Butter
- 110 g full cream milk powder
- 100 g diced dried apricots
- 100 g sultanas
- 50 g craisins
- 50 g diced dried pineapple
- 100 g unsalted peanuts
- 150 g Cornflakes
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
With butterfly in, place water, sugar, butter and milk powder in bowl and cook for 6 minutes at 90 degrees, speed 4.
Add dried fruits, nuts and cornflakes to mixing bowl and mix for 15 seconds, reverse, speed 3.
Place dessertspoon full amounts onto lined baking tray and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. (They will still be soft at this stage). Remove from oven and leave until firm and cool.
Place chocolate into clean and dry bowl and mill for 5 seconds at speed 7.
Melt for 4 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 2.
Spread melted chocolate onto the base of each florentine. Leave upside down until set.
Credit for this recipe goes to my husband. He hates cherries, but loves florentines, so developed this delicious combination.
For a Christmas florentine, substitute half the peanuts with pistachios.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Sweet tart cases
- Easy Christmas pudding with vegan options
- Chermoula chicken with quinoa and lentil salad
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Flourless refined sugar free chocolate cake
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Clone of Strawberry Tart with Basil Sugar - Vegan
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)
- Bavarian Cream