- 1 Flaxseed, Egg (1 tablespoon of Flaxmeal mixed with 3 tablespoons of water set aside)
- 230 grams Almond milk
- 75 grams Coconut sugar (or natvia)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 25 grams cacao powder
- 220 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Prepare flax egg in a small bowl and set aside (if you wish to make the cake 'school' friendly you can also use a chia egg).
2. Place milk, sugar, coconut oil (melted) and flax egg into the thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds speed 2.
3. Add the flour, cacao and baking powder. Mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds speed 3.5. The mixture should be a smooth cake mixture.
4. Scrape mixture into your desired cake pan and bake accordingly. I used a round cut out mould so the cooking time was much shorter, more like 25 minutes. Keep an eye on the baking and use a fork to check (if you put it through to the centre it should come out clean when cooked).
5. Allow to completely cool in cake tin before removing onto a platter. Ice or decorate as you so wish (I used tofutti cream cheese and icing sugar mixture for a tasty cream cheese icing).
Recipe sourced from //nourishnotpunish.tumblr.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)