THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 g cashew nuts
- 415 g water
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 250 g raspberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 g coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 200 g Almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 250 g raw sugar
- 2 tsp instant granulated coffee
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 250 g Gluten free plain flour
- 30 g cocoa powder (70% cocoa)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder, (gluten free)
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g shelled pistachios
- 125 g raspberries
- Place a large bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh cashews and 400g of the water into it. Set aside to soak for 2 hours.
- Drain cashews through simmering basket and set aside. Discard soaking water.
- Place lemon zest and juice into mixing bowl and grate 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add remaining Frosting ingredients, including soaked cashews and remaining 15 g water and blend 10 sec/speed 9.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a sealable container and place into refrigerator. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place raspberries and sugar into mixing bowl and blend 15 sec/speed 5, increasing speed gradually from speed 5 to speed 10.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and cook 15-20 min/100°C/speed 2 or until sauce has set (see Tips). Transfer into a sealable container, allow to cool to room temperature, then place into refrigerator until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a round cake tin (20 cm) and set aside.
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh almond milk, apple cider vinegar and chia seeds into it and set aside for 3 minutes to activate.
- Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 30 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place coconut oil into mixing bowl and melt 50 sec/60°C/speed 2.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add coffee, vanilla and reserved almond milk mixture and mix 4 min/speed 4, until foamy consistency is achieved. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and reserved sugar and mix 40 sec/speed 2, until smooth. Transfer sponge mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in tin (overnight is better). Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place pistachios into mixing bowl and crush 10 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut cooled cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place one layer onto a cake stand or serving plate. Spread with 1/3 of the Frosting, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of crushed pistachios. Arrange 1/3 of the fresh raspberries over pistachios.
- Gently place second layer of cake over the fresh raspberries. Spread with another 1/3 of Frosting, then top with 5 tablespoons of the reserved Raspberry sauce and another 1/3 of raspberries.
- Top with final layer of cake and spread top with remaining Frosting. Garnish with 2 tablespoons of crush pistachios and remaining raspberries, then serve.
If fresh raspberries are not available, you can use frozen, thawed raspberries.
Setting point test: place saucer into the freezer (5-10 minutes). Place 1 tsp sauce onto the chilled saucer. When cooled push it with your finger. If the sauce wrinkles, it is ready. If not, continue cooking for up to 5 more minutes, then test again.
Serve leftover raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream, pancakes or in smoothies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Curried Buns
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER