THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 g cashew nuts
- 415 g water
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 250 g raspberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 g coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 200 g Almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 250 g raw sugar
- 2 tsp instant granulated coffee
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 250 g Gluten free plain flour
- 30 g cocoa powder (70% cocoa)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder, (gluten free)
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g shelled pistachios
- 125 g raspberries
- Place a large bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh cashews and 400g of the water into it. Set aside to soak for 2 hours.
- Drain cashews through simmering basket and set aside. Discard soaking water.
- Place lemon zest and juice into mixing bowl and grate 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add remaining Frosting ingredients, including soaked cashews and remaining 15 g water and blend 10 sec/speed 9.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a sealable container and place into refrigerator. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place raspberries and sugar into mixing bowl and blend 15 sec/speed 5, increasing speed gradually from speed 5 to speed 10.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and cook 15-20 min/100°C/speed 2 or until sauce has set (see Tips). Transfer into a sealable container, allow to cool to room temperature, then place into refrigerator until ready to use. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a round cake tin (20 cm) and set aside.
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh almond milk, apple cider vinegar and chia seeds into it and set aside for 3 minutes to activate.
- Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 30 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place coconut oil into mixing bowl and melt 50 sec/60°C/speed 2.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add coffee, vanilla and reserved almond milk mixture and mix 4 min/speed 4, until foamy consistency is achieved. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and reserved sugar and mix 40 sec/speed 2, until smooth. Transfer sponge mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in tin (overnight is better). Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place pistachios into mixing bowl and crush 10 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut cooled cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place one layer onto a cake stand or serving plate. Spread with 1/3 of the Frosting, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of crushed pistachios. Arrange 1/3 of the fresh raspberries over pistachios.
- Gently place second layer of cake over the fresh raspberries. Spread with another 1/3 of Frosting, then top with 5 tablespoons of the reserved Raspberry sauce and another 1/3 of raspberries.
- Top with final layer of cake and spread top with remaining Frosting. Garnish with 2 tablespoons of crush pistachios and remaining raspberries, then serve.
If fresh raspberries are not available, you can use frozen, thawed raspberries.
Setting point test: place saucer into the freezer (5-10 minutes). Place 1 tsp sauce onto the chilled saucer. When cooled push it with your finger. If the sauce wrinkles, it is ready. If not, continue cooking for up to 5 more minutes, then test again.
Serve leftover raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream, pancakes or in smoothies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Blondie
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Basic Buttercake (AWW) 1.5 quantities
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops