- 150g dried apricots, (i used organic sulphur free)
- 100g medjool dates
- 140g mixed nuts and seeds, (i used 100g of nuts and 20g of pepita seeds and 20g of sunflower seeds)
- 90g Organic Virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- 80g tahini
- 65g raw Organic Honey, (you could use any honey)
- 50g coconut nectar, (you could use rice malt syrup or additional honey but additional honey will make it sweeter)
- 100g Quinoa flakes
- 50g arrowroot flour
- 55g Desiccated Coconut
- 2tps cinnamon
- 1tps ground cardamon
- 3 tps Vanilla Bean Paste
- zest of one or two orange
- 12-15 drop Doterra Wild Orange oil, you can just up the zest of the oranges to 2-3
- additional nuts for top of slice if you choose
1 . preheat oven to 160 degrees c fan forced
2. line slice tray with baking paper
3. weigh in dried apricots and chop speed 6 for 6 seconds. set aside in separate bowl.
4. weigh in medjool dates and chop speed 4 for 2 seconds. this may mush them a little so you could hand chop them if you want them chunkier. set aside in same bowl as apricots.
5. weigh in nuts (adding harder nuts in first) and seeds and turbo once for 1/2 second. Again if you want them chunkier maybe hand chop them. set aside in same bowl as fruit.
6. weigh in coconut oil, tahini, honey & coconut nectar (or rice malt if you are using that)
7. Heat 3 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 3.5. leave in the thermomix bowl and proceed to next step with dried ingredients
8. weigh in quinoa flakes, arrowroot flour and desiccated coconut
9. add vanilla paste, cinnamon and ground cardamon, and zest of oranges
10. add in drops of doterra wild orange oil if using
11. add in reserved nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
12. Mix on reverse speed 4 for 30 secs
13. Transfer mixture to prepared slice tin and press in firmly
14. Add additional whole nuts to top if using
15. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, then turn the tray and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the edges are a little crispy. Watch the slice as everyone's oven is different.
16. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin before slicing. if it is a little crumbly then it is over cooked slightly so cook less next time
This is a wholefood recipe and i choose to use all organic produce. you can swap out the nuts for all seeds if you want it nut free for school.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Multigrain wholemeal jumbo loaf
- Kahlua chocolate fudge
- Carrot wraps (base recipe from TRTLMT) CAN BE DONE IN EITHER MODEL 31 or 5
- Chocolate Molten cakes
- Speculaas Biscuits - in either tm31 or tm5
- Raspberry and Vanilla Coconut Pannacotta
- Oat Bikkies
- Donna Hay's mango and coconut ice cream bars
- Awesome white chocolate mud cupcakes
- Wholemeal Bread (adapted from RTLMT My Go to Bread Recipe)
- Banana & Caco Brekie Smoothie
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Banana Bread
- Egg Free Pancakes
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Instant porridge ( like the sachets... only BETTER)
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Never try another hummus again!
- Ginger custard tart
- The Fast 800 Curried Chicken and Lentil Soup
- Caramel sticky date cookies