- 1 litre UHT milk
- 20 grams Sugar of choice, (more or less to taste)
- 50 grams milk powder
- 120 grams yoghurt, natural, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, or paste
1. Ensure you bowl, blade, lid and seal are thoroughly clean.
2. Weigh in the sugar & mill 5-10sec/speed 9 to create icing sugar.
3. Add the milk, milk powder, yoghurt culture and vanilla.
4. Heat for 10mins/37degrees/speed 3.
5. While the the milk is heating, fill your Thermoserver with boiled water and put the lid on to pre-warm it.
6. When the milk has finished heating, pour the water out of your server then place it somewhere it wont be disturbed for 6hrs (minimum).
7. Carefully pour the milk mixture into the server then place the lid on & wrap it in a towel or baby blanket.
8. Leave it undisturbed for a min of 10 hrs. The longer you leave it the thicker it gets. It can be left for up to 24 hrs.
9. Once at least 10 hours has elapsed, remove the lid and you will have pot set yoghurt. Put in fridge to chill before eating.
You will never need to buy yoghurt again!!
0405 788 618
*Don't forget to reserve 120gm as the starter for your next batch (will last up to 3 weeks, can be frozen but do not thaw in microwave as the heat will destroy the live cultures).
*Serve with strawberry jam, raspberries, CADA, honey, your favourite fresh or stewed fruit or berry coulis.
*Using UHT long-life milk means you can skip the usual 1st step of heating for 90 degrees for half an hour, then cooling for an hour and the scraping of any skin that has formed on the top.
*Simply omit the sugar and vanilla to make a 'natural yoghurt'.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crusty Loaf
- Labneh Yoghurt Cheese Balls
- Philadelphia cheese
- Veg biryani
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Mini Cheese and bacon rolls- pie maker
- Whole Banana Bread
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- creamy parmesan sauce or dip
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy