- 6-8 Large chicken wings or 500g wing tips/nibbles, Fresh, raw
- 1 Large Onion, peeled
- 1 Large Leek, trimmed - green part removed
- 3 sprigs Each of fresh Coriander & Parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1200 g water
- 40 g rock salt
- 10 g olive oil
- 10 g Black pepper, cracked
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Roughly chop onions, garlic and leek for 10 secs / speed 4. Leave in the mixing bowl.
2. Add olive oil the onion mix in the mixing bowl and sauté on reverse for 4 mins / 120 degrees / speed 1.5.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl except the chicken wings and bay leaves. Place the simmering basket inside the mixing bowl.
4. Add the chicken wings and bay leaves to the simmering basket, put the lid on with the measuring cup in place and simmer on reverse for 35 mins / 98 degrees / speed 2.
5. Remove the simmering basket with the wings and using a fork and tongs, pull the meat off the bones to add back to the mixing bowl. Dispose of bones and bay leaves.
6. Put the lid and measuring cup back on the bowl and simmer again on reverse for 15 mins / 100 degrees / speed 2.
7. Strain into a clean jug through the simmering basket lined with a muslin cloth, reserve the meat and vegetables for later use.
8. Store bone broth in 1 cup portions or ice cube trays in the freezer until needed.
9. Reserved meat and vegetables can either be blitzed for 20 secs / speed 10 with 20g sea salt and 20g olive oil to make a chicken stock paste or frozen and added as it is to your next chicken soup or casserole.
This recipe is part of a series:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Blueberry tea - cold and flu relief
- One Basic Gluten Free Bread Dough 3 Ways!! Instructions for making Naan, Bread rolls or A small loaf of bread
- Gluten Free Choc Chunk Cookies
- Gluten free soft corn tortillas
- Asparagus Soup
- Cheats chicken pies (Gluten free substitute friendly)
- Gluten free soft n fluffy pizza base