- 1 l pulp/ meat of one fresh coconut, the brown skin is fine too but not the shell
- 500 grams water, I use cold boiled or distilled
Place pulp of one fresh coconut in tm jug, (brown skin on fine -not shell-haha) mince/mill 10 sec speed 10, scrape down sides,
Add 500ml water mix 30 secs speed 10, .
Strain through milk bag or muslin cloth. Can repeat process, second batch will not be as rich. Remaining pulp is desiccated coconut and can be used as such, toasted or to make EDC coconut butter cake!
Know exactly whats in your coconut milk! Ive adjusted my recipe based on facebook Thermomixettes advice. Its fabulous really rich and smooth.
For even more eco friendly use of your fresh coconut crush the shells and use as fuel to BBQ satay (Thanks to Meilda-great tip!)
Does keep in fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Quinoa, silverbeet and feta soda bread
- Choc-orange drizzle/dip
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies
- Mayonnaise sushi style
- butternut snap biscuits
- Suz's best Banana and date bread
- spanakopita pie
- Gluten and sugar free "Birdseed" Muesli Bars
- Blood Orange Sorbet
- Coconut milk- using heat
- Coconut milk