- 1000g cream
- 120g yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, Sea, Himalayan, Celtic, etc
- 80g oil, Chia, Olive, Grape Seed, etc
- 1000g cold water, From the fridge
1. Fill Thermoserver with boiling water, discard the water and place lid on to retain heat until you're ready to use it
2. Place cream in TM bowl and heat, 37 degrees/speed 2/5 minutes or until 37 degree light comes on
3. Combine yoghurt with 125ml (1/2cup) warmed cream in a separate bowl, then add back to the cream
4. Combine speed 2/30 seconds
5. Empty water out of thermoserver and dry
6. Place cream mixture into warmed thermoserver
7. Wrap in a blanket and leave in a warm place for 15 to 20 hours
8. Unwrap and place in fridge for approx 2 hours
You now have Crème Fraîche, or, Sour Cream
1. Insert butterfly, add Crème Fraîche and mix, speed 4/1 to 5 minutes
2. When you can see butter solids and buttermilk stop your TM
3. Remove butterfly and place steaming basket in TM bowl and strain off buttermilk into a bowl. Don't discard the buttermilk as you can use it in baking
4. Remove the basket and press the solids against the side of your TM bowl, use your spatula, to squeeze out as much buttermilk as possible and drain it into the rest of your buttermilk
5. Pour 500g of cold water into TM bowl with your butter solids a mix, speed 4/10 seconds
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 only this time you'll discard the buttermilk
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6
8. Leave butter in TM bowl, add salt and oil and mix, speed 5/10 to 15seconds
9. Your butter may look runny, but, it will harden up in the fridge
Refrigerate for 2 weeks or freeze to keep it longer
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Anna’s Creamy Overnight Oats
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough